September 26, 2009

Ren Fest fun


The Renaissance Festival is my very favorite Fall tradition. It's full of the best entertainment that $18 can buy. Amazing food, hilarious shows, crazy people to stare at. Oh, it's just wonderful. The day ended a little early because of the rain, but it was still, by far, one of the best thing I've done all year.

Top 5 (weird/crazy/unusual) for the day:

1. A woman in full costume that didn't include stitch of material covering her very large 9 month(guessing) pregnant belly. Blech...

2. A man dressed up as Willy Wonka (Johnny Depp style) complete with the huge white glasses and purple top hat. Amazing.

3. A kid selling pretzels at Hamlet show that just yelled out "buy my stuff!!!" in a fake British accent.

4. Knights in full metal armour. The bright shiny kind.

5. The shows. They are just the best thing to enjoy there aside from people watching. Hilarious, creative and fantastic. There are too many moment to describe in word form.


I'm sad I have to wait another whole year for it to come around again....unless....I can squeeze one more visit in next month. Hmmm......


No comments: