July 06, 2013

24 hours off

(sometimes I can't stop staring at the clouds, especially when they look like this)

I don't have much time online these days.

Mostly because I don't have internet at home and leaving the property (camp) during the week proves challenging sometimes.  I haven't left since last Sunday.  Today is Saturday.  Almost an entire week.  Nice.

Anyway, I read this post the other day when it popped up in my Twitter feed.  It was too good not to share. Such beautiful sentiment.  I especially loved this part:

"It's all about realizing - Love doesn't happen when you arrive in a certain place.  
It happens when your heart arrives in a certain place - wherever you are,
right where you are, dirt road Africa or side street America."
-Ann Voskamp

I also (finally) finished Searching For God Knows What.  Loved the last chapter so much.  He was paralleling the Romeo and Juliet with the love of Christ with the Church.  I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.  And now I want to watch Luhrmann's version, which is my absolute favorite.  

Lastly, been loving reading through the parables in Matthew right now.  I've realized, in the last few years, how I am so much like those people that Jesus was sharing the stories with.  I learn through stories.  I see through characters.  Our Savior was creative and artistic.  He used stories and laughter and miracles to teach life changing lessons.  He knew it would be hard for us to listen to a list of rules and do's and don'ts.  I'm just starting to understand how beautiful that is.  

Now, we are all taking a deep breath and relishing in an entire day off tomorrow.  Twenty-four hours.  I can't even...wow.  We have 3 weeks completed.  It's hard to believe.  

No comments: