December 03, 2011



If you're gonna do a hike, you wanna make it a good one, right? That's the way I think, at least. I like a good hike. I love a good hike actually. I would rather hike for 50 miles than run for 2.



So when my dear brother told me that this was the hike to do, I said "yes, please." Even though it was 1.5 miles straight up. It was tough, but not hard/exhausting. The way down was a piece of cake.

As long as hiking isn't a race, I'm game. I like to take my time and enjoy the scenery as it goes by. Stop every once in a while and look behind me. And I like to have something to look forward to at the top. A big reveal, if you will. A huge sweeping vista or a waterfall or a hidden beach.



Anyway, I loved this photo because it shows how far we came. And how high up. See....






Under that big blue arrow is our tiny, tiny car. Those little white dots are the cars in the parking lot. And this wasn't even at the top of the mountain. It was about a quarter of the way down.



It was so neat to hike on the red sandstone. It's not like the rock faces on the East Coast that are super slippery. You can walk straight up and down these red beauties, even in tennis shoes. It's rough face is kinda like sandpaper. Fantastic.

The desert is there is so beautiful. Not as pretty as a tree filled forest (in my humble opinion) or the amazing evergreens in Seattle or the beaches of Hawaii, but beautiful in it's own way. I have about 578 more photos to share of it. Hope you don't get sick of them....

No comments: