December 01, 2011

Return from whence I came



I have returned.

Back from an unbelievable month on the West side.

I have about 1,000 photos to sort and share.

Wow.

I've been gone so long that i don't even remember everything I shot.

It will be like re-living the trip all over again just looking at them.


This particular shot (above) was taken by The Bro.

He has a totally covet worthy wide angle.

Covet, covet, covet I am over that thing.

Good think it's a Canon mount....

Oh, and this is 100% SOOC (straight out of the camera/no editing).

See....jeal-ous.


Anywho,

I'm missing my sweet friends and family that I had to say goodbye to.

After 3 weeks with my R, I'm going through some serious withdrawl.

The airport goodbye wasn't pretty.

There have been multiple texts back and forth since I left a week ago.


And then there were 5 glorious days with The Bro.

He was a peach and took me to Arches and Canyonlands.

I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly beautiful it was.

A different kind of beautiful than I have ever seen.

He's been 2 times before, but he knew I would love to see it.

(Our family has always been kinda in love with National Parks.)

He took me to all the cool places and made sure I did the best hikes.

Like this one in the photo above.

1.5miles straight up the side of a mountian to see this sight.

150% worth it.

Especially at sunset.


Well, goodness me.

I have so much to say that I'll just have to stop now.

The stories will trickle out as the days pass.

Are you ready?

I'm back!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back, i missed you!
love, aunt carol

stephanie said...

great photo! I would love to go there! Sounds like you had a really wonderful month! I'm glad. I miss you- will send a long email soon :)

cottage girl said...

It's nice to be missed. Happy to be back. And can't wait to email you too, S!