December 30, 2013

the first step


Posting here has seemed so daunting lately.  Not sure why.  It's a happy space for me.  But when it gets neglected so dreadfully, as it has this entire year, I get overwhelmed with all the the stories that are left untold.

But the best way to start is with the first step, right? (And internet too, which is a big MUST when blogging)  So, I'll get to those stories when I can.  Maybe I'll even back-date them so they are in the correct order because goodness knows that would drive this OCD girl crazy to post 2013 activities in 2014.  But don't worry.  I'll be sure to let you know so you can find them. If you are even still stopping by this little spot on the internet.

Christmas wrap-up:  The best laid plans were dashed this year.  A nasty stomach virus and a broken heater in the Cottage won instead.  But I did get to spend time with family.  I did get to sit by the tree and watch these 3 crazy monsters dance their hearts out (no music needed).  I did get to go to my church's beautiful Christmas eve service (one of my favorites of the entire year) and reflect on the true meaning of Christmas.  Jesus!

This time of year is always a good time to reflect on the blessings and the lessons of the past year.  So many to ponder and be grateful for.  Thankful for a good year and ready to start brand new all over again!







No comments: