June 11, 2012

no rhyme or reason


My life has no rhyme or reason lately.

For instance, here is a list of the things I have done in the last few days.

Taught the new staff to safely drive a boat (at 6am).
Gone to the health department to get my lifeguard license renewed. (and be be-littled by the lady at the desk)
Mail out 6,141 newsletters.  This is not an exaggerated number.  (and be be-littled by the guy at the desk)
Take an hour to put gasoline in 2 power boats (we have to do it manually now.  NOT fun.)
Tie-dye t-shirts with the new summer staff girls.
Do a cleaning check out for a building that 20 boys had been living in.
Have a deep conversation and give advice with compassion and grace.
Answer the phone 459 times (exaggeration, but it really felt like that many)
Go running (I'm particularly proud of myself for doing this after teaching a 6am boat class)
Laugh with friends.
Made my first smoothie for the summer (peach, pineapple, OJ, chia seeds)
Answer emails.
Make lists.
Hand the gift shop over to the girl who will be in charge of it this summer.
Tow a boat to the marina to be fixed (Now both boats are officially broken.  Uh-oh.)
Pray, pray, pray.


This is just off the top of my head.  There are about 20 other things that I've already forgotten.  Never a dull moment around here.

No comments: