March 25, 2007

strange mix

Have you ever taken a step back and looked at the things that interest you? The things that make your heart beat a little faster. The things that you can't wait to be involved with. Do you ever think about how very diverse and almost contradictory they are?
For instance.....
  • I'm super excited for Battlestar Galactica's season finale tonight. Really, really excited. Space ships, Cylons, Caprica, Gaius Baltar, the Adama's, dead Starbuck. However, I am sitting at my desk getting ready to play with paint and glue and paper while listening to Joshua Radin's Winter and wiping away the tears from the episode of Scrubs I just finished watching that used that song at a tear filled moment. And my favorite books are Anne of Green Gables. Don't those things seem totally opposite?
  • I hate reality TV. I can't stand Survivor, no that's too nice. I despise it! But I can sit in an airport for hours upon hours and watch people. It's so fascinating to me. Aren't those things similar?
  • I don't like playing games and am not competitive. Yet, for 5 summers I was the program coordinator for a camp and was in charge of games and coming up with them and leading them and doing the 3 times a day for 8 weeks. I LOVED that job. The only reason, other than God saying time was up, that I quit was that I was mentally tapped.
  • When I was growing up, I hated babysitting. The kids drove me crazy. I did it cause I needed the money and I was good with kids (yes, I was). I've worked in ministry with kids for almost all of my life. I LOVE that part of ministry. I love working at a camp with kids. LOVE it. There is nothing else in life that I would rather do right now. Yet, I still try to avoid babysitting like the plague. Of course all that changes when those little ones belong to my best friends. Then I can't get enough of them! I want to spend too much time with them. Doesn't that seem wacko?
It just makes me think about how very diverse some of my likes and dislikes are. Guess that makes me either well rounded or just plain crazy. ...... ..... ... I'm hoping for well rounded....

No comments: