March 27, 2007

Read today....

"Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean revel in him!"
Philippians 4:4 (The Message)

"...I've learned by how to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little....Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am."
Philippians 4:11,13 (The Message)

Read this post (you have to look at the pictures. I've been admiring them all day!) today. These verses jumped out at me. I dove into my little version of the Message that I've had borrowed from the library for the last few weeks. I sat and just soaked in the whole book of Philippians. It was one of those "oh, right. That's why I've been feeling so lousy" moments. Must keep priorities in check. Must focus on the most important Thing and leave the "things" to be forgotten. Must live in a way that He is overshadowing all the other thoughts in my head. Must "revel in Him" more. Revel! What a cool way of describing it! I can revel in so many things, but it's not very often that it's Him and Him alone and not the things I want Him to do.
Good lessons today. Off to enjoy our first thunderstorm of the year! Yummy smell of rain. Windows open. Enjoying Spring.

No comments: