August 30, 2013

Current obsessions



These are the things that are "it" for me right now...


The Newsroom. Currently re-watching the 1st season (after having just watched it for the first time 2 months ago).  It's just as good, almost better with each re-watch.  The characters are some of my favorites ever.  Sometimes I manage to find a place to watch an episode of season 2 (currently airing on HBO).  Kinda like a treasure hunt to find a friend who has On Demand.





Wish I Was Here.  Zach Braff's new movie is currently in filming in LA.  How do I know this?  Well, because I'm a Kickstarter backer for the movie.  Every week I get a playlist with new music and a ridiculously well made video highlighting a different person on the crew and what their job entails.  Can I just admit that it is one of the coolest things I've been a part of in the online world?  Zach is so appreciative and generous with his backers.  We get tons of behind the scenes scoops and info.



Mint Julep tea. Or any tea really. I can't stop drinking it.  A cup in the morning.  And one again at night too.  It's bad.  I don't need the caffeine.







The National.  Listening to Trouble Will Find Me on repeat.  Over and over and over again.  I'm of the opinion that one should listen to a piece of music until you are entirely sick of it and can't hear it one more time.  It's how I roll.




Writing.  Whether it's on pen and paper or typing away on a computer screen. I'm obsessed with getting the words out.  It feels good.  Honestly, it's been a while since writing has seemed appealing. I've missed it.  Intensely.  I've been a scribbler since I was in elementary school.





Reading.  I recently finished Life As We Knew It, and I can't stop thinking about it.  It's about a girl and her family and their story of survival when the moon gets hit by an asteroid.  The story was alright, but the idea behind it and what the family goes through when the earth's weather changes was fascinating.  As I was finding the link for the book, I found that there are 2 more books in the series.  I had no idea.  Awesome.

Now, I'm almost finished with Kisses From Katie.  I've been reading her blog for years, so it isn't really anything new.  However, her story and how she loves Jesus and lives her life is something that is always good to be reminded of.  When I start to get frustrated that I can't afford something I want, I think about all the children that she helps who have no food or clothes or parents.  Good for perspective.


What are you obsessing over lately?


No comments: