October 12, 2005

One month and counting


Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! I leave for Europe in a month! Oh to be on that plane today....sigh. There are so many feelings that go into traveling to new places. Excitement for new sights, sounds, smells, people, stores, food.... Fear of the unknown. Wonder of the fact that people living on the other side of the world are doing the same things I do every day. Just the fact that you can get on a plane and be in a whole other part of the globe in just a few short hours. It's incredible.

I hope I like Paris. I will be there with friends, which will make all the difference. But will it be like the movies? Sipping tea in a small cafe with the Eiffel tower in the background. A chill in the air. The French language drifting about around me.

And London...I've never thought of a particular place, but just to see it. Double decker buses. Red phone booths. Hear it! Everyone will sound like my English grandma. Then Big Ben and London Bridge.

Scotland...will it be like I imagine it from "Brigadoon" (one of my favorite musicals). Will there be heather on the hill in the Highlands?

I think of each place in a different season though and this could be a problem. The Fall/Winter is a wet, cold time over there. But I've also been to the Twin Cities in the dead of winter and loved it.

I wonder if people in Europe think of America like that? Do they think about hiking the moutains or seeing NYC at night? Maybe I'll ask them when I'm there.....
[View Guestbook][Sign Guestbook]

No comments: