June 17, 2007

art journal fun and Day #1

Yesterday, I ordered this. I've wanted to do an art journal for a while now, but especially since I saw these. Just looks so freeing and fun and new. When I was growing up, I would tear things out of magazines and newspapers each week and I made this HUGE notebook full of pictures. Still have it somewhere at my parents house.

Today is also the first day of camp. The kids arrive in about 2 hours. All 150 of them. Excited, hyper and ready for us to give them a week of fun. I woke up this morning praying. I love the first day of camp and love the opportunity to get to do this for another summer. On the other hand, looking at it from Day #1 knowing that we have 8 weeks to go still is a little bit intimidating. I get nervous, not for me, but for our new counselors and staff that have no idea what to expect. So if you think of it, say a quick prayer for us! We are so excited, trained and ready to be Jesus to each and every kid we are given. And our little day campers come tomorrow. All 60 of them will be here from 8-5 each day. So many opportunities to show them love and show them Jesus.

Our pastor's sermon was perfect in church today. We just started a new series on "living on the edge" (or "being overstressed in life"). How perfect is that?!! I'm excited to see what God teaches me through the messages that are to come. Even today, in the verses he read, I could hear God whispering to my heart, reminding me that HE is in control and do NOT worry so much. Can we all take a collective deep breath? Ahhh......

No comments: