September 18, 2007

i've missed you too, friends....


...I've missed you too. I know it's been almost a week since I've posted. And not only that, but I've been very lax on my posts in general. Well I am feeling much better about life and am very happy to be back in the posting mode. I'm finally crawling out of this pit it seems like I've been in for a couple days, no, take that back, weeks. Let's all say it together...ahhhh.....
So, where have I been, you ask? Here goes....
Work, mostly. And I do mean a lot of it. Like a solid week straight with no break until this past Friday when I took the day off to actually goof off.
I went to a really cool city not to far away to take some pictures with my brother. I'm in the process of proofing them, so you'll have to wait a little bit. It was a lovely trip though. That night, I got inspired to de-clutter my room. I'm the type of freak who LOVES to organize. I just love when everything is in it's proper place and clean. So my closet is oh, so much better and I have boxes and bags to give to Goodwill. It feels so good to get rid of things I don't use or need anymore! Try it!
I went to church on Sunday. Again reminded how much I love my church and how they are constantly forcing me to re-evaluate my relationship with Jesus. Is it where it needs to be? If not, why? Where am I headed? All good questions and so refreshing after missing last week because of work.
I've been gone since Sunday on a staff retreat. We did a swap with another camp. They came to us last week, and we went there this week. Let me tell you...this camp is incredible. Their camp is in the mountains, while we are on the water. Two totally different types of camps. Two completely different programs. Two very different sizes (in the number of kids and the actual acreage. we are MUCH smaller). But their staff and ours seem to mesh really well. Their staff is like one big family, very much like ours. We were excited to see them again and get to know them a little better and just chat with them. They really humbled me in the way that they served us and made us feel special and important and welcome. They are super busy like we are, yet they took the time to do lots of activities with us (zip-line...to cool! paintball...yeah, I sat that one out. gocarts...heck yeah!) and just sit at every meal with us and talk about whatever. God is doing amazing things at there and it was an honor to see Jesus working through each of them. It was a wonderful couple of days. Thanks so much River Valley!
Now, I'm home and happy to sleep in my own bed. I missed my computer and all of my daily blog reads. I missed the Emmy's (oh, the horror!). But...it was really good to be away from it all and to detox for a little while. I'm still working through a lot of stuff in my head, but happy that God is faithful and right there along side of me. I'm hoping to do lots of fun things this weekend including one thing that will just be over the top, incredibly cool and on my list of things to do before I die. We'll see if it works out or not!

No comments: