September 02, 2007

stories

I finished it today. I closed the cover, but the story hasn't left my mind. I love books like that. Biographies are one of my favorites to read. This one is now in my top 5. Such a powerful story of love, knowledge and the search for God. It's inspiring and intelligent and perfectly written filled with direct quotes from each of the "characters." To read how the loss of the love of his life crippled him until he realized God was there in the midst of the excruciating pain he felt in her absence. To see God through the eyes of someone who knew that God loves us greater than we shall ever understand. To see how their match was short lived, but so very powerful. I loved it. It moved me. And I recommend to you: get your hands on it and read C.S. Lewis through the Shadowlands.

"God has not been trying an experiment on my faith or love, in order to find out their quality. He knew it already. It was I who didn't. In this trial He makes us occupy the dock, the witness box, and the bench all at once. He always knew my temple was a house of cards. His only way of making me realize the fact was to knock it down..." - C.S. Lewis

No comments: