November 11, 2009

Thank you


My family is very military minded.

Both of my grandfathers served (during war time).

Two of my uncles served (during war time).

My father served (during war time). He was stationed in Alaska during Vietnam. I think my grandmother's prayers begging for his protection went directly to God's ears.

My grandmother was a war bride from England. She became a citizen after my grandfather brought her back to the US after their first child was born.

My brother-in-law was a military kid who grew up all over the world as his family moved from base to base.

And that's just to name a few.

Then there are my friends who are (or husbands/family) in the military right at this very moment. Some of them are over seas in all kinds of places.

I also live in an area where it is VERY common to see a uniform at the mall or grocery store or church. And just about any branch. Navy, Army, Air Force. I'm constantly surrounded by men and women in uniform.


And so, on this day of remembrance to those who have or are continuing to serve our country, I take a moment to say thank you. Thank you for giving of yourselves so freely. And thank you for your sacrifice.

No comments: