July 07, 2010

topped out at 105

We survived today. Barely. When the temperature topped out at 105 degrees, I wanted to cry.


Actually, I wanted to cry when I walked out of my house at 6:45am to drive the boats and it was already 80 degrees with 97% humidity. I was sweating before it even got to 8:00am.

During the hottest part of the day, I pulled out the hose next to the Cottage front door and hooked up the sprinkler. Camp has a pool, boat rides, a beach, a lagoon, still nothing compares to a good old fashioned back and forth sprinkler when it's hot.

All is wet and hot here at camp. We are doing our best to ride out this heatwave with a smile. But, please, Lord! Send us some cooler temps and a breeze or two!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a wicked heat wave for sure!

Anonymous said...

#1- CONNER! Is his grandmother still wearing Yanni t-shirts?
#2- Travis looks like a freaking Toad.
#3- Is that James or Alex?

Sorry it is so hot. Welcome to OKLAHOMA WEATHER. Minus the pool.... beach.... and camp.