December 09, 2005

Narnia remembered

I have been to the movies 3 times in less than a week. It's really rather ridiculous. I hardly go anymore because the price is almost $10 for a nighttime movie around here. Thank goodness for twilights when it's still under $6.
Narnia was amazing. My teacher in 3rd grade was a sweet older woman who loved her students. Everyday after our lunch, she would pull her rocking chair up to the carpet in the center of the room and read us a story as we all sat in a circle around her feet. That was the first time I heard The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. As a child, I adored anything that let my imagination run free. Having a story read to me and picturing the characters in my young mind was like opening up that wardrobe to a new world.
I'm so thankful for teachers that I had as a little girl. And for my mom who was the best teacher any girl could have at home.
[View Guestbook][Sign Guestbook]

No comments: