August 11, 2006

so long farwell...

It's over.

We are finishing up our last day of summer camp here. Can't believe it's been 8 weeks! Well, in some ways I can cause I'm exhausted and so ready for free time. I forget what it's like to have a real life and not work 12-14 hours a day.

But as this day comes to a close, I'm sad to see everyone leave and know that it will be so quiet around here. It was another amazing summer full of lessons that are going to make me a different person in the future.

I had one last morning activity period driving boats with the little 8 and 9 year old girls. They were so much fun. I hope I always look at life from a child's viewpoint. They live full force. They laugh so loud, not caring what anyone thinks about them. I love that they think they are experts at drawing and climbing and learning new things. I love that they are confident in who they are (until they turn 12 of course). I love that they listen intently when someone tells a story. I love that they grow and change each year. I love that they love it here and can't wait to come back next summer. I love that they give hugs and ask questions and are excited about little things like M&M's at snack shop. I learn so much from them.

Here's a couple of shots from the last few days. It has been BEAUTIFUL here. After the heat wave last week, we are thanking God above for this weather. It is perfect outside today. What a way to end it. Until next year....

And now....off to visit Alaska and Miss S and her two kidletts. As Napoleon says, "yesssss."
[View Guestbook][Sign Guestbook]

No comments: