August 20, 2009

book nerd

Just realized today that this paper delight comes out in less than 2 weeks!! Eeeeeekkk!!


For those of you who are scratching your heads say "huh?"...it is the sequel to this

If you haven't read The Hunger Games, you must! It's a great mix of original story and characters you can love and hate. I think I read it in 2 sittings. Just couldn't put it down. I've recommended it to several friends, and they have done the same thing.


I'm currently reading Zot! The Complete Black and White Collection.


I've been quite taken with comics lately. This one is really fantastic. The story is about a girl who lives on our Earth and a boy named Zot, who is lives in a parallel Earth. He is like a super hero and she is normal high school girl, who jumps back and forth to this other universe to see her friend. I really like it and the simplicity of its beautiful black and white drawing. Found it on my local library shelf.


What are you reading?

3 comments:

Gina said...

At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon. I just finished A Thousand Splendid Suns by Kahled Hoseini. A mazing. I went to the library in hopes to get more books written by hime but alas, he only wrote the 2. Well, anyway. Have fun in your alternate universes.

Val Nebbia - singer/songwriter said...

Solomon's Puzzle. www.eighthandsaround.blogspot.com

kaley said...

Uhm, I'm soooo excited about that book!!!

And "The Mysterious Benedict Society" is a pretty good read. But not Time traveler's wife. That book is a piece of trash.