April 08, 2010

sun flare




When you catch it just right, it's like magic sprinkled all over the photo.

This one was taken while riding on top of the double-decker tour bus on my (second) NYC trip with the parentals and the bro last weekend. I just had to grab a few shots while we sped by this beautiful building.

If you've never done a city tour bus, you are missing out. They are so much fun. It's great to give yourself over to being "that tourist" and just enjoy the sights. I've done them here and in Europe and still think they are some of the best memories I've had in each city.

Then again, I adore double decker buses and public transportation.....


Have you ever done one? Where?

2 comments:

Kristi-Anna said...

I went on one in DC. Not as romanticized as I would like. We were given duck bills to quack at our leisure... But since it was one of those amphibious buses it drove right into the water. That was actually really cool.

cottage girl said...

Shannon was just saying yesterday that she wanted one of those at camp to chase the geese. And I guess the campers would enjoy it too...