April 07, 2010

"these are not from the hot house"


"I always preferred wildflowers" says Marianne to Willoughby when he brings her wild flowers after Colonel Brandon's perfectly lovely flowers from his green house. And then of course Willoughby turns into that cad, that rapscallion, that scoundrel. And Colonel Brandon...happy sigh....

These particular flowers were given to me by some sweet friends. And I must say that to be given flowers is one the sweetest gestures I can imagine. Especially when these flowers are picked from the earth because they remind someone of you and what you mean to them. Does it get any sweeter? It about brings me to happy tears.

Thank you dear, sweet girls for thinking of me and making my day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice quote. I feel that way every time I pick flowers from "An obliging field."

kaley said...

There are about zero daffodils in San Diego. :( We only have Birds of Paradise.

cottage girl said...

Val: An obliging field! I forgot about that one. One of the best.

Kaley...Birds of Paradise are pretty darn amazing. They don't really compare to daffodils, do they?