May 16, 2012

song and TV


I found out about their new album when I was watching The Vampire Diaries season finale last week.  The last 3 minutes (dear goodness, those last 3 minutes) "Dauðalogn" was playing in the background.  I shouted out loud, as we were sitting on the edge of our seats "It's Sigur Ros!"  I didn't recognize the song, so I went hunting online only to joyfully find out their new album comes out at the end of this month.  Eeeep!

You can see the clip from TVD here. (I've watched it about 15 times....just while typing this).  But major spoiler alert****if you haven't seen the season finale yet, or if you ever plan on watching the show, don't watch it.  It will all be ruined for you.  But if you could care less about TVD (but you really should watch it!), the song is fantastic. It may turn out to be one of my favorites of theirs forever.

Then the other night I was watching We Bought a Zoo and was so excited when I remembered that they/Jonsi did the soundtrack for the movie.  So many great songs.  And they fit so well with the whole mood of the movie.  The red kites at the end...hello?!   

If you haven't ever listened to Sigur Ros, you are missing out.  I first heard about them from another blogger who posted their Glósóli video years and years ago.  And then The Bro let me borrow all their albums, and I was hooked.  And then...I saw Heima one night with him and I was moved beyond words. It's probably the best video I have ever seen in my entire life.

Sigur Ros.  New album.  This month.  Yessssss.

No comments: