October 23, 2006

here, there and everywhere

*******this wouldn't post when I wrote it, so it's a couple days old. Blogger is finally working!

Okay, so I didn't go here this weekend, but it is a visual aid for one of the things I did.

Side note: I did get to go to the set of the funniest show on TV besides Scrubs (went to that set too!) when I was in LA. The studio is in the middle of yuckytown LA. Not pretty. Not palmtreeye. Not beachy. Just industrial. Perfect for what they need. If you have ever watched the show and they are outside of the office building, this is where I was! There were Dunder Mifflin signs everywhere. Too cool. Me and the bro were a little excited as you can see in this photo.

This weekend started off with a bang. An AMAZING episode of Battlestar Galactica. I mean, really...can it get any better?!! (for those of you who still mock my TV choices. continue as much as you would like. I'm the one who's laughing!) It was one of those times when you have to call someone to share in the fun during commercial breaks. Oh, yeah!
Then Saturday morning, the bro and I headed to see Flutag (pictures to follow later). It's the Red Bull human flying machine competition. Oh...my...gosh... I'm glad I took pictures cause you wouldn't believe some of the things that these people made. The idea is to make a "flying" contraption that you and your "team" push off of a HUGE platform over the water. The judges score on how far you go (30ft, etc...), creativity, and something I can't remember. Basically, it's 1,000 of people standing around watching a bunch of crazy people fall in to the water. And man, oh, man was it fun! You can't help but laugh everytime!
After that...went to a birthday party for a friend. SO GOOD to see her.
Came home late and watched "The Office" season 2 (see? that's why the picture is there!)
Then...Sunday, went to church (really good as usual. I love my church!) and then the Renessaince Festival. Again, it's a freak show. Where in the world do these people go when it isn't going on? People watching is the best activity there.
We:
ate pork pockets (delish)
ate HUGE apple dumplings
stared at the people dressed up like, well, I don't know how to describe it. Just imagine any 3 Musketeers movie or even "Ever After" with Drew Barrymore. That's the style they were going for.
watched really good shows by a comedy troupe who does Shakespeare
watched a sword swollower
saw a guy dressed up as a Stormtrooper get in a fight with a random kid who tackled him.
Guess what was the most talked about event?!!

Good weekend. Full of great memories. Time well spent. Posted by Picasa

No comments: