October 09, 2006

Not 1,000 words

I know the saying is that a picture is worth a thousand words, but for some reason, I can't upload today. I have a post all ready to go but without the pictures, it just seems silly.
Instead, I'll give you a link to a new website that I am in love with.

http://www.boutwellstudio.com/blog/

The world of photography still amazes me. I've never been into art in the form of painting or drawing or sculptures (though I do try since that is the form two good friends use to express their creative sides and I want to appreciate their handiwork). So going to an art gallery isn't all that exciting for me unless I really put effort into it. It seems like art should grab you, not let you look away, take you to another place or wish that you could, make you FEEL something or send a chill down your spine. That's how I feel when I look at a photo. I love my own pictures. I look at them over and over. I love looking at other people's as well. I love finding photography blogs. I have several that I look at everyday. They inspire me. They make me think. They give me new ideas to take my own photos. Plus they make me want to save my $$ for the camera that I'm dying to have.
This blog is amazing. The entry for 10/6/06 made me gasp. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. How absolutely, unbelievabley amazing would it be if I could use them as my photographers one day!

No comments: