February 23, 2009

Crafty goodness

About a month ago, I did something completely unusual for me. I made a snap decision and decided to sign up for this....

Elsie had done a class a few months before and at the time I couldn't justify spending the money to try it out. This time, when she announced the class, I threw caution to the wind and decided to do something that would hopefully help me get out of this creative block I've been in for a while.

I found Elsie's blog (the old one is now gone, but the new one is just as wonderful)...wow, it's been about 3 or 4 years ago now. Don't even remember how. But I instantly fell in love with her style. She was a scrapbooker at the time and was writing her first book. Now she has created quite the little corner of the world with her paintings and other amazing works in her little shop called Red Velvet Art.

I found Rachel through Elsie. Her blog and Flickr page are FULL of incredible handmade goods (LOVE this journal). And her home design style is simply fantastic. She has an Etsy shop, Pony Party, filled with delightful vintage items as well. Plus, she is another part of Red Velvet Art.

I just couldn't pass up the chance to learn from these two amazing woman/artists. I'm already behind on all the projects (there are 30 projects over 8 weeks!), but am loving all the creativeness that is coming out of each little thing I work on. Here's one of the first things I've done....



I guess sometimes it's good to do something that you know will help you. Being creative has always been a big part of who I am. My mom is one of the most creatively talented people I've ever known and she always had us doing crafty type things when we were kids. My sister is an amazing sewer and knitter. I guess it got passed down to us. I always feel so content and happy when I'm being creative whether it's photography or felt or sewing or paper.

I am loving this class!

1 comment:

RachelDenbow said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying this class! Thanks for the sweet words.