February 20, 2011

i read books

I got sucked into this book for a long time today. Mary-Kate and Ashley interview some of the people who have inspired them and influenced their creativity. Artists, authors, designers. It's actually fascinating. It's more of a fun peak into some insanely, creative people's lives.

So inspiring at the moment. I liked the sentiment behind this quote from Bob Colacello about Andy Warhol...


"Kids always used to say, 'Well, I want to be a photographer but I don't have the right camera,' and Andy would tell them to just go buy a cheap one in a thrift shop and start taking pictures. 'Oh, I want to be a pointer but I don't have a studio.' -Well, go paint in my bathroom. Just do it. Just do it!"

Thank you, dear library, for your wealth of free books. I love finding gems upon your shelves in the most unsuspecting places.



ps....Doesn't this just seem cruel?

No comments: