March 20, 2011

stuck



The past 2 weeks, my small group has been in the story of Joseph in The Patriarchs. I must admit that Joseph's story is one of my favorites in the Bible. God has continually used it in my life. Each time I study those passages on him, I learn something new.

But all week, I've had Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat on repeat in my head. This one especially for the last 3 days.

It's never ending. Constantly. Mopping today. Singing out loud. Wiping down tables yesterday. Humming. In the shower the day before that. Singing. Walking all over camp while working. Singing again. Working the Giant Swing. Humming quietly to myself.

Is there anything more crazy than getting a song stuck in your head? Why does one's brain do such a thing? Thank goodness it was Joseph and not something annoying like Bad Romance. And yes, I think that is a good indicator of my continual nerd status. Give me Musicals over Top 20 any day of the week, thank you.

No comments: