April 18, 2011

book, movies, tv



I'm currently reading this. I'll be honest. I don't really get the hype over it. It's really slow moving. Cool idea, but not that original. I'll try and finish it before it goes back to the library, but so far...eh.


The big nerd in me was super excited when my Entertainment Weekly came last week. Why? Well, a bunch of the movies that I saw at Sundance were in the pages of this summer's movie edition.


First up....It was definitely my favorite movie of Sundance this year. And one of the most inspiring movies I've seen in a long time. That shot of her on the rocks with the other Earth in front of her....wow. Can't wait to see this one again.





Remember when I told you about the movie with the beautiful costumes that I saw at Sundance? (side note: that was also that crazy night when I ran into James Franco.) Well, it's in selected theaters now. Just wanted to show you how pretty it is in case you don't like slow moving indie films and will never see the whole thing. Those bonnets, right?!

Also....see this one. Funny, cute, but a little risque.
Definitely skip this one and this one. Awful. Painfully awful. Both of them.


One the TV front:
I may have "accidentally" bought Vampire Diaries season 1 at Target yesterday. It was on sale. Super cheap. And I may be watching season 1 all over again because I can't watch 2 yet anywhere (without paying by the episode) because it's still currently airing. I may not have been able to wait to see Elena, Stefan and Damon again. I need something in the background while I'm in crafting mode, you know?


And this...
I don't even need to say how good it is. That's a given. I'm about 1/3rd of the way through and am equally wanting to watch 5 episodes in a row and only watch one a week so they will last longer.
If I could make a TV show, it would be this one. It's the best thing out there. There is no better character-driven TV show than Friday Night Lights.

What are you reading and watching lately? Something new and different?

5 comments:

Kristi-Anna said...

I just finished watching the show "Being Human". Have you seen it? You should check it out...

Gina said...

more wedding pics please.

cottage girl said...

K: The British or American version?

G: I took like 3 photos all night. Seriously. I may have one or two left to share. I was having way too much fun to be stuck behind the camera.

Anonymous said...

I am about to start Firefly and as much as I hate to admit it, I am an avid fan of BBC's Merlin. Mock me all you want!

cottage girl said...

No mocking from this giant sci-fi nerd. I might just have to try it out, if you think it's good.
Can't wait to hear what you think of Firefly!