April 11, 2011

♥ Times Sqare


On this trip to NYC, my parents told me how much they loved Times Square. The hustle and bustle. The lights. The energy. It's like Disney World after the fireworks when everyone is trying to leave the park, they said while smiling nostalgically.

I quite agree. There is something about the crowds. The BIG crowds, even at 11pm at night as we were walking back to our hotel after Wicked. You would have thought it was the middle of the day.

There's also something mesmerizing (and ridiculous) about all the brightly lit ads. And now everything is a TV screen so the ads move and change constantly. It's so colorful. Overwhelming in a good way.

I think I must have inherited my love of travel from my parents. They chose travel over big expensive cars. Over a "fancy" house with too empty many rooms. Over "things." Even when we were small kiddos, we traveled. We camped all over the East Coast. Family vacations were something we looked forward to each summer. Pile in the van with your toy bin full of carefully chosen playthings to entertain yourself for the car ride. A happy-go-lucky Cocker Spaniel squeezed between passengers (we actually got her on a camping trip). A cooler full of snacks that were only allowed on vacation. And the hot summer sun baking the highway in front of us.

Travel is eye opening. It's memory making. And I'm beyond blessed to still be gifted with it for special occasions. NYC/Wicked for my birthday, yes please!

Thank, Momsie and Popsicle. I had such a wonderful, relaxing, fun time. And I'm so thankful I got to share it with you.

No comments: