June 26, 2011

Diet

I'm trying my hardest to be on a strict diet/fast from TV this summer. Less shows. Less movies. Less time in front of a screen.

Last week, I think I could count the hours I watched on 1 hand. That's huge for me. I'm sure some of you aren't big TV watchers, so this seems silly. But I am really being purposeful with less TV and more time reading books, hanging out with friends, being outside, listening to sermon podcasts, etc.

It's not that I think TV is wrong. I TV. Oh boy, do I. I love the stories and getting caught up in the worlds they create. Always have. But I do think it's good to deny myself of it for a while. A little break when there are more important things to do.

So, this summer, my TV watching is pretty much just these three...

#1 Nikita. Thank you, CW for re-airing this season's shows in order. I'm loving it. I missed this one the first time around, but The Bro told me to give it a try. "It's like Alias when it was good," he said. It is. It's fun.


#2 Vampire Diaries. A second thank you to the CW. Gaaaa. I can't stop. I'm totally addicted to this one. My roommate and brother's constant "it's so good" comments turned me. If I had to watch only one thing this summer, it would be this.


#3 West Wing. One of the all time TV greats (and personal favorites). I started getting the itch to watch it again when I started GWB's book. Season 2 and 3 are the best. Sometimes I just need to see Josh and Donna and Sam and Toby and CJ and Charlie.


What about you? Is there anything you are trying to do less of this summer? Do you find it tough?

No comments: