December 28, 2011

Favorites of 2011: Books




Favorite books.  There were several others I enjoyed, but these were the ones that I still think about and mull over.


1.  If I Stay by Gayle Forman  This is one I need to buy.  I still think about it constantly.  The storyline just grabbed me like nothing else this year.  It's my favorite this year by a mile.

2.  Where She Went by Gayle Forman  The sequel to #1.  It wasn't as good as the first, but still that whole story is soaked into my brain for a long time.  I loved how it continued the storyline with a different voice.
  
3.  Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith  Who would have thought a vampire book would worm its way onto my favorite list for this year.  Not me.  But the fantastical mix of history and fiction was exactly the right recipe.  Makes me want to read Gone with the Wind again.


4.  Decision Points by George W. Bush  Sometimes the truth is even more interesting than the craziness of fiction.  This was one of the best autobiographies I've read in a while.  

5.  Bossypants by Tina Fey  Funniest book I've read...probably ever.  She knows exactly how and where to find the funny.  

No comments: