March 30, 2012

on this last Friday in March


The ivy growing on the side of my house is charming to me.
I'd love to have it cover the entire thing.
Just seems "cottagey" doesn't it?



I bought myself flowers today.
Just seems appropriate.
Ranuculus.
Because the colors are perfect
and they are so twisty and wild-like.



I found the most amazing photos in a book I got at the library.
The photos from the 20's and 30's especially.
Those dresses and shoes and hair.
I wanted to buy those dresses immediately.
And don't get me started on the hats.



The book was about Charlie Chaplin.
It was a type of photo journal of his life.
This one just struck me in its absurdity/normalcy.
A man reading the paper.
He just so happens to be reading it in a bath tub full of water
on a break while filming.
Don't you love his waterlogged suit and the reflection.
I can't stop staring at it.


It's a fantastic book.
Truly.
Especially if you like the golden age of Hollywood.



Happy weekend, all.

xoxo,

Cottage Girl

No comments: