March 12, 2012

Weekend colors


We are just at the beginning of everything bursting out in spring blooms.  My favorite time of year.  When the trees have the new/bright green.  The cherry blossoms are everywhere.  The tulips and daffodils and magnolias.  It's my absolute favorite.

This particular tree is outside my office.  It's old and twisted and the perfect shade tree.  In the Fall it turns golden yellow.  Right now it's covered in these bright pink fuzzy blossoms that turn peach in the afternoon sunlight.



I found this DIY online this weekend and decided to pull out my paints.  I had some canvas left over from another project.  Love it when I can make something without having to go buy any supplies.

While painting this one, I got an idea for 2 more so they can all hang together.  Almost finished #2.  It was so fun to pull out those colors and paintbrushes.  It's been a while since I have painted just for fun.



Bright green Brussels sprouts.  Until about 2 months ago, I thought I hated these little guys.  I hadn't had them since I was a kid and for some reason, remembered hating the way they tasted.  My mom randomly made them while I was home in January and now I can't get enough.  Maybe my tastes have changed.  Who knows.

My favorite way to eat them is tossed with a little olive oil and lots of kosher salt and then roasted in the oven.  And they should get a little crunchy on the outside.  Yum.  I want some more right now!



I was actually at the store looking for running pants, but I spotted these colors and knew I had to at least try this little tank on.  It has the cutest top part, but the colors are what stopped me dead in my tracks.  And then when I noticed that it matched my fingernail polish, I just had to snap a photo in the dressing room.

Yes, I bought it.  It was only $12.99.  And I think I would pay $12.99 just to look at those colors for a while.


Maybe one of these days, I will take a photo with my actual camera.  One day....

No comments: