May 03, 2007

Control freak

"Once we get intimate with Jesus we are never lonely and we never lack understanding or compassion. We can continually pour out our hearts to Him without being perceived as overly emotional or pitiful. The Christian who is truly intimate with Jesus will never draw attention to himself, but will only show the evidence of a life where Jesus is completely in control."
- Oswald Chambers

Read this last night. The verse that went along with it was Habakkuk 2:3. I heard a message on this passage when I was in college, and ever since then the Lord has used it over and over to remind me that He has a plan for my life. A specific plan. Like it says in Psalms 139:16:

"Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written. The days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them."

As a person who loves to be in control and have everything planned out, letting God lead my life can be a constant stuggle. But the constant reminders in His word, that HE does have it all planned out are such a comfort. And I just love the end of that quote that says that the person who is letting God have the control will be evidence of Jesus. There is nothing more in this world that I want than for people to see Jesus and forget to see me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

see i think the Lord knows that i can't just learn this lesson by reading His word- i have to experience it...learn it "hands on" so to speak. therefore i became a military wife and have struggled constantly for 9 yrs with the realization that i am NOT in control of anything!!! argh!!!!! :) :) thanks for the comforting verse from psalms! i really like it.