May 15, 2007

Legacy


I've been trying to think of eloquent words that would fit what my heart is saying right now. I think about all the things he was and all the people he touched and try to write something that would mean something. This is all that I can get out....

You lived your life 100%. You never cared what anyone thought about you. You proclaimed Jesus' name wherever you went. You loved kids. You loved people. You loved life. Your legacy will be people like me who are who they are today because of the time they spent at your university. I'm inspired by your determination to accomplish the vision that God gave you so many years ago. I can't imagine how amazing it must be to have God show you all the lives you have touched and changed. You won't be forgotten.

Kinda cool to think that one man can make such an impact on the world. I think that's the thing I loved most about him. I didn't agree with everything he said. I didn't always think he was right, but to see him stand up and speak at LU, you could just see in his eyes sometimes how he was just amazed how God had brought to life all those promises He had given him. He loved us as students and, like the picture above, we loved him too.

This song came to mind as soon as I heard the news.

"I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to You enough?
To make a mark on things
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace
Who blessed your name unpologetically
And leave that kind of legacy"
-Legacy by Nichole Nordeman

Thank you, Dr. Falwell, for loving Jesus. I am part of that legacy you leave behind.

AP photos from Yahoo

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Well said!

Anonymous said...

that's the truth!

Anonymous said...

Amen. Thanks for putting so many of my emations into words.