May 25, 2007

Full circle

Last night, I ran home for a quick visit with my family before they all leave for the beach next week. I'm too busy at work to leave for a week, so I'll just be dreaming about the beach....
My sister flew in last night with the munchkin, which made the visit all the more exciting. I haven't seen him in a month and I can't believe how much he's grown! My mom was nice enough to let me snuggle with him for a while last night since I wouldn't get to see him while they are at the beach.

Right before my sister put Luke to bed, we had such a cool moment. My mom read him a story in the living room with my sister holding him and me laying next to her. Mom used to read to us all the time when we were little. I have so many memories sitting in that same room snuggled up on the couch with my brother and sister while my mom read us a million different stories. It was one of those totally amazing generational moments. There was little Luke in the same house that his mommy grew up in, doing the same things she used to do. I will forever have that picture in my head.

***This picture is when he was first born. He looks so different now! I took some pictures, but haven't had time to upload them yet.

No comments: