July 28, 2011


I had my head buried in the shed. It was the end of a long day and Free Time was over for the night. The life jackets were all put away. The banana and tubes were in their little home for the night. The kids were scampering off to their next event.

From behind me I heard these words...


"I love you, flag pole."

That was it.
Nothing else.

I turned around and saw this little guy with his arms around the flag pole, eyes closed, totally in the moment. I laughed out loud and instantly grabbed my cell phone to take a photo.

I asked if I could take his picture and he beamed me a HUGE smile and said "sure!" I snapped this shot and he asked to look at it and then ran off to finish off his night, laughing the whole way.

It's moments like that that make all the long hot days totally worth it.

Kids having fun,
just being kids.
Imagining.
Playing.
Hugging flag poles.

No comments: