July 15, 2011

boring skin care

I was a bad today and didn't re-apply my sunscreen for the 2nd or 3rd (or 4th) time today. It was a busy day and not that hot, so I didn't even realize that my right side was turning red. My fair skin (thank you, British genes) burns in 10 minutes flat.

And can I just ask out loud, why just my right arm and shoulder when I was in direct sun all day? Why?


I'm usually super careful about using lots of sunscreen. I keep a bottle on the beach with me. There's one in my room. I take one on the boats, if I'm on them for more than an hour. I have lip balm with sunscreen. I don't mess around.

But because I spend ALL day in the sun, there are those times when a burn (usually very light) occurs. I hate it when it happens and over apply sunscreen for days after. But it does happen.

This year, I wanted to find an Aloe without alcohol and menthol (gross). Whole Foods is our magic wonderland for all things natural and organic, so to Whole Foods I went. After much searching, I decided on this...

Aubrey Organics Aloe Vera

When I got home, I realized that it said I have to keep in the refrigerator once it's opened. Weird, right? But it had the least amount of ingredients (always a bonus) and I knew what they were (additional bonus), so I kept it and stuck it in the fridge.
This Aloe has become my favorite find of the summer. COLD Aloe on a sunburn is the best thing ever. I want to take a bath in it. I put on way too much because it just feels so good. And it's a liquid and not a sticky gel that gets cakie. I use it on super dry skin too because it feels so good.

My lotion of choice this summer is....


Everyday Shea Unscented lotion


Again, found after much label reading at Whole Foods. You gotta read those labels, friends. Companies are great at sneaking in stuff even if it says "organic" or the super annoying "all natural." This lotion has few ingredients and it's the perfect consistency. Not too runny and not too thick. I wish it came in more scents, but I kinda like the unscented cause I wear perfume anyway.

Because I'm in the sand all day and our river is brackish (half saltwalter/half fresh), my poor skin is a mess if I don't use this stuff every single night. It begs for moisture. My face is a little more sensitive, so it always gets this lotion. It's the best face lotion I've ever found hands down. I'm in love with it.

So, there you go. Some boring skin care direct from Cottage Girl. I'm sure there are at least 5 of you that are grumbling that I didn't post smoothie night photos. Sorry. I just haven't had the time to do photo sorting and downloading. It takes a while. But I'm planning on it this weekend. Right after I cry my way through HP #7 Part 2 tomorrow. I work up this morning excited about it and I'm not even seeing it til tomorrow. Giant N-E-R-D.


2 comments:

kaley said...

i had a head ache from not giving in to crying super hard. it's a quiet movie for the most part and there isn't a lot of cover to lose your composure!

cottage girl said...

Oh, I cried.
You bet, I did.
And I will say that I liked Part 1 a lot better than Part 2.
The Epilogue in my head was so much better than the one in the movie too.
But even still...I can't get enough HP. I miss it already and want to see it again.
Wanna take a trip to FL with me and take 1,000 photos of us drinking Butterbeer and walking around Hogwarts?