October 23, 2007

There's no place like...


home.....

I love to travel. Love it. Love it. Love it. But there is nothing better than coming back home. I love when the airplane touches down and I walk through my familiar airport with nothing but home waiting for me. I love the drive home, looking at all the sights and seeing what has changed no matter how short the time may have been since I was gone. (I love this place where I live. It has always held some magical spell over me. Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved it and would dream of the day when I might live here. The magic hasn't dwindled since I've gotten older either.) I love driving up to my house and seeing the water (river) again. It seems to have missed me sometimes, too. If I'm not in the car with someone else, sometimes I'll yell out a merry "hello" to it like an old friend. I love walking into the cottage and just drinking in the familiarness of all of it, even my tiny little bathroom. I love plopping my suitcase down at the foot of the bed and kicking off my shoes . And there is, of course, nothing better than climbing into my own bed after being away from it for several nights.
Tonight, the bugs are chirping and the breeze is blowing. My perfect night time lullaby. It was a wonderful trip. I loved it. But, my goodness, it's wonderful to be home....

No comments: