February 14, 2008

Nielsen wrap-up

Last night ended our Nielsen ratings week. Over and done. You know what I discovered? I don't watch as much TV as I thought. In the last week (7 whole days), I only watched 4 shows in prime time. 4. The rest of the viewing was my "have-it-on-while-I'm-getting-ready-but-not-really-watching" show and last night it was David Letterman, which I was basically listening to while I made some Valentines (ah-hum, I tend to procrastinate till the last minute). That's it.

I read more than I thought. I'm on Flickr and blog reading more than I thought. I piddle around the house more than I thought. I did watch 2 movies, The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (beautiful, haunting, FANTASTIC performances by Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck. They were delightfully CREEPY.) and Across the Universe (ehhh. just okay).

There was a comment section on the last page of the diary. This is what I wrote:

We like TV, no, make that LOVE TV.
We hate the Writer's Strike.
We like doing Nielsen diaries.
We want a Nielsen box for our TV.
We want to know if you really read all these diaries.
We miss Scrubs and 30 Rock and 24 and ER and Chuck and Friday Night Lights and Battlestar Galactica.
We also miss Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly. Are you able to do something about that? Oh, and Veronica Mars. Anything? Please?!
Thanks for giving us an excuse to watch TV. We had fun.

The end

No comments: