August 09, 2011

Summer reading update


I checked another book off my summer reading list. Let's review, shall we?

1. Decision Points. (Loved, loved, loved. Everyone should read it.)

2. The Kite Runner (Tried 2 chapters and just couldn't do it, especially not after finishing #1. Too much for me to handle at the time.)

3. Sophie's Heart (I tried. I really did, but I just couldn't make myself like it. I just can't do Christian Romance, which is crazy because I devoured it in high school. It was badly written too.)

4. Screwtape Letters (Loving it, but like all Lewis, it's slooow reading. I have to contemplate and re-contemplate each part. It's really good though.)

5. 13 Reasons Why (Add-on to the list. And a wonderful addition. Really enjoyed it.)

6. If I Stay (Add-on as well. And what a find it was. I'm still thinking about this one. Imagining the characters and the story. It will be a favorite for a long time, I think. The story just swept me away.)

7. Where She Went (Add-on because of #6. I didn't love it as much as the first, but still. The story is stuck in my head. I think about Mia and Adam all the time.)

8. Bossypants (Finished yesterday and loved from the first sentence. No make that the back cover before beginning the first sentence. Tina Fey is a comedic genius to me. There are so many great lines in that book. Truly. If you like her, you have to read that book)


Still left to check-off:

*To Kill a Mockingbird
*Autobiography of Mark Twain Volume 1

Currently reading (or beginning next, I should say)
* Paycheck (recommended by my brother. He knows what I like. Ex: Ender's Game. Loooved it.)

Ok, your turn. What have you been reading this summer? What else do I need to add to my list? There's still a few weeks left to squeeze a bunch in.


3 comments:

Russanna said...

I have been a long time reader of your blog and have gotten many book suggestions from you! This summer, I read Decision Points, 13 Reasons Why, and If I Stay because you suggested it. I'm about to finish "Never Let Me Go" and it's great! Hotel On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet is also wonderful and if you haven't read One Thousand Gifts yet, I really think you'd love it. I've also read all of Lori Wick's books. They're not the best but I enjoy them for some mindless, easy stuff to read. Happy readin!

Russanna said...

And forgot one! If you have never read "I Capture The Castle" by Dodie Smith, please read it as soon as possible. That, along with To Kill A Mockingbird is my favorite book.

cottage girl said...

Thanks, Russanna! I'll add those to my list. I haven't read any of them. And thanks for saying hi. I'm honored you take the time to read my little blog.