September 17, 2011

random Saturday list


Just a few things:

  1. This is my view on my walk to work each day. I still can't believe it most days. When the water sparkles, it's my absolute favorite. It makes me stop and stare for a good long time.
  2. I read this story last night in the paper. You need to read it. In fact, the whole series is incredible. But this particular story is so well written and so heartbreaking at the same time. Often, I feel like the Pentagon is forgotten in the 9/11 remembrances.
  3. I may have been completely impulsive and bought the very last of this adorable skirt yesterday. I've been thinking about it since I saw this post of Elsie's months ago. My clothing rule is that if it's really expensive (and I'm super cheap so more than $20 is expensive), I have to wait a few weeks and see if I still like it. It was still available and I was still thinking about it, so I was bad and I bought it. I also love this one, but it's just a bit out of my price range.
  4. Has anyone else watched the Vampire Diaries season premiere about 5 times since Thursday? Nope? Just me? Eh, I'm not surprised.
  5. TV update: I really liked The Secret Circle and Up All Night. Ringer was okay with potential to get better.
  6. Tomorrow is going to be amazing. Church. Then Renaissance Festival (!!!). Then Emmy's. Wow.
  7. Happy Saturday, All.

3 comments:

Nick and Kaley said...

i thought up all night was just ok- but i was pretty psyched about it. fav part maya rudolph mispronouncing insane...

Allison Drew said...

Ooooh. I love that skirt!

cottage girl said...

K: I loved when Christina Applegate was doing her high kicks when they were doing karaoke. And how they couldn't stop cursing around their baby. I was expecting terrible, so I was pleasantly surprised in how funny and sweet it was. Plus, I love Will Arnett.

A: I know! I couldn't say no.