September 11, 2011

remembered




"My soul still remembers And sinks within me. This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness." -Lamentations 3:20-23


It would just feel wrong not to pause and remember on this day: nine/eleven.
I'll never forget that eerie quiet later in the day, ten years ago.
No one knowing what to say.
No airplanes in the sky except for fighter jets that were patrolling nearby.
Nothing on the television or radio except for news.
I remember thinking that life was beginning to return to normal
when TV returned to regular programming the next day.
But that normal was different.
We would have a new normal now.



Watched a really sobering documentary today on the WTC towers. You can see it here.

No comments: