January 01, 2012

Aim to reach



Happy New Year to each and every one of you!

A brand new year.  With no mistakes in it.  No disappointments or heartaches.  Yes, they may come but so may the glee-filled, gasp giving ones too.  

As I was thinking today of what I want from this year, what goals I had, what things I wanted to accomplish.  The Lord kept quietly whispering to me things that are pretty much summed up in this verse,

"Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud;
Be gracious to me and answer me!
You have said, 'Seek my face.'
My heart says to you,
'Your face, Lord, do I seek.'
-Psalm 27:7-8

He has basically been saying that goals are good to have, sure.  But what He really truly wants for me is to seek HIM, not the things I want Him to accomplish this year.  Not a list of options for Him to give me.  (Lord, I'd really like to write a book this year. I'd really like to travel to a new place this year.  I'd really like to fall in love this year.  Those types of things.)  He wants me to just seek Him.  Seek His face.  Delight myself in HIM.  And this is His promise:

"Delight yourself in the Lord, 
And He will give you the desires of your heart." 
-Psalm 37:4

Those desires will be what He wants me to have because I am seeking HIM.  I'm running after HIM.  I'm laying aside the "wants" and "needs" for a God who loves me and longs to GIVE me those wants and needs.  

So that's my goal for this year.  Seek Him.  Know Him.  Become a woman who longs to be more like Him.  It's a lofty, high goal, but one that I aim for with my greatest effort.  

Here's to a brand new year, friends!

xoxo,

Cottage Girl






No comments: