February 01, 2012

hold please


If you have been around Cottage Girl for any length of time, you know about my love of YA fiction.  It's tried and true. It borders on obsession. 

Here are the books that are currently on my "must read" list.  (which is also the "hold" list at the library because I can't afford to actually pay for the amount of books that I read on a regular basis.  Nor do I have the space to store them.)

1.  The Tempest by Julie Cross.  Found while walking by B&N's window display.  Read the first two chapters while sitting in a chair in the store.  Can't wait to read the rest.  There are no vampires or werewolves.  And this is the author's first book.  Always want to support the newbies. 

2.  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.  This book has been all over the place this month.  EW Must List, Pop Candy and a few other places.  He's a big time YA writer, but I actually haven't read any of his other works.

3.  A Million Suns by Beth Revis.  I happened upon this one on a different trip to B&N last week. It stopped me dead in my tracks because I didn't think it was coming out for a few more years.  I read Across the Universe last year and while it wasn't may favorite book of the year, it was entertaining.  And I definitely want to know what else will happen in the world she created.  The premise of that book was one of the most creative I had read in quite a while. 


All these books came out last month. 

Good month for YA fiction, I'd say. 

I'm currently reading The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler.  It's alright.  It's going to get thrown to the side when I get home with #3 tonight. ("your hold item is now ready")  I may pick it up again.  I may not.   That's the beauty of the library.  No guilt in not finishing a book just because I paid good money for it. 

I'm also reading If I Stay again because I love it so...and because it's an ebook library rental on my iphone.  It's just as good the second time, in case you were wondering. 

And now, I must know....what are you reading? 


1 comment:

stephanie said...

V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton. I started reading A is for Alibi a long time ago in California. She writes about Santa Barabara and the surrounding area (although she refers to it as a fictional name) and I started reading it when we lived out there. It's fun to "recognize" things and places while I read...it makes me long for California :)