December 04, 2009

happy memories are....



....Fisher Price tape players. I had one exactly like this when I was kid. And we (The Bro and my Sis) used it ALL THE TIME. Well, at least all the time until I got a lavender tape player/radio combo with fuzzy speakers.

For some odd reason, recording yourself on audio tape was like the coolest thing ever. We told stories. We sang songs. We had conversations with each other. One person would record the other when they didn't know it, like when they were singing in the shower. It was one of our favorite toys.

Plus, we had about 25 different children's Christian tapes like Music Machine or Bullfrogs and Butterflies or Antshillvania. Those things got worn out. Oh and Cabbage Patch kids. That one... I can still sing those songs.

Anyway, I saw this on Etsy today when I was looking at vintage record players and it immediately brought back great childhood memoiries. And right now, in my life, I need things that make me happy. Make me smile. I'm forcing myself to see the good. Sometimes that force is a HARD shove instead of a gentle push, but hey, that's life, right?

No comments: