January 02, 2009

Movies I loved in '08

My favorite movies of 2008. Again, they may not have come out in 2008, but I watched them this year. And they are in no particular order.


Slumdog Millionare
(I've gushed about this one before. I simply loved it.)

King of Kong
(A documentary about grown men competing over ancient video games? Count me in!)

Into the Wild (I still think about this one. Made me ponder so much.)

Wall*E (please don't mistake this being a "kids" movie. It's a wonder.)

Iron Man
(I'm almost afraid to admit that is was my favorite movie experience of the year. It was so surprisingly good, even the second time.)

tie between Enron: the Smartest Guys in the Room and Why We Fight (two well done informative documentaries that are worth the time. Both will make you furious at money hungry people.)

Heima (It is unique, stunning, beyond words. It soaks into your soul and sets up camp to stay.)


Now, I've SEEN many more movies and have talked about them here too, but these were my favorites - the ones that I can't seem to forget.

No comments: