June 21, 2008

Week #1 completed

(one of our counselors with a camper in the middle of a group game)

Can't believe it, really. The weeks just fly by. When you live the entire year for 8 weeks during the summer, it feels like they slip through your fingers like sand. This year, I'm trying to enjoy each moment. To find the beauty in the moment, and not worry about them going by too quickly.

Each summer I pray that God will give me one thing to work on. One thing that will draw me closer to Him. This year, my lesson started way back in the Fall when I got this CD and then in March when I saw him live. It's such a hard thing to do, sometimes. For me, as a person who likes to have every thing planned out and be prepared ahead of time, not over thinking the future is tough. But God is slowly teaching me that when I live each moment to it's fullest, I see Him in so many new ways. He is so very evident when I am open to looking for Him in those small moments. It's something I have to constantly, CONSTANTLY force myself to do. But it's really amazing to see God work in those moments.

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." -Matthew 6:34


****If you feel inclined, I know the Chapman's would love your prayers today. I have been continually (about 20 times a day) burdened for them and their grief. I know that the one month marker must be a tough one...

No comments: