July 21, 2008

i'm back


I know, I know....where have I been?

I'm sorry to disappoint you all for 2 whole days with no new posts. It was tough for both of us let me tell you. I wish that I could have posted with tales of glee and fun. But, alas, my time was spent in bed, not feeling very well. Thankfully, I got off easy when it comes to the extreme sicknesses that have been floating around here the last week. Thankfully, today I feel better and almost 100%.

On Saturday, before the plague arrived, I was able to go to the movies (with apparently everyone else in the US) to see The Dark Knight.

It.was.so.good.

I won't say more than that cause I hate when people talk up a movie and then I see it am disappointed cause all I think about is how amazing it's going to be. I will say there are many great performances in it. Even from people I don't usually enjoy like Gary Oldman (who I think was a terrible choice for Sirius in the Harry Potter's) . Go see it in the theater to enjoy all the big stunts and explosions!

This weekend, I am trying to plan my 24 hours off so I can get to the theater to see the X-Files movie. It's the one that I have been looking forward to since the beginning of the summer. I LOVED the X-Files in it's glory years (mid 90's). It was delightfully scary and creepy and funny all at the same time. More Mulder and Scully is a very good thing in my book. Oooo, I just can't wait!!!!

I also finished The Appeal while I was lying around in bed with the sickness. I didn't like it at all. It was by far the most disappointing Grisham I have ever read. I didn't like it from the beginning, but kept going cause I wanted to see how it would turn out. The ending was even worse. So....don't read the Appeal. Read The Firm (not the movie cause it's a completely different story and much stupider too) or The Partner instead. They are both light years better than this one.

That's all for now. I missed you my friends.

****this is another picture from last week's photography class. The girls did this totally on their own. I had to snap a picture quickly before they got into their "jump" poses.

No comments: