July 03, 2008

sometimes I wonder


Sometimes I wonder. I wonder why you read this here blog of mine. What is it about my nonsense and ramblings that makes you say, "ok, I'll take a minute of my precious time and read this mess." I wonder. I ponder your answers.
Because for me, well, let's just say that for me, I think it's therapeutic. I've been writing down my thoughts as far back as I remember. I would also write down stories and scripts, but we won't go into that tonight cause it's late and well, do you really want to know these things?
So, yes, I write down what's in my head a lot. I've been keeping a journal since I was in jr. high/high school. I have volumes filled with my bazillion thoughts and whining and hopes and despairs. Somehow I feel so much better when it's on paper. It makes sense and I can process it better. Journaling revolutionalized my devo times as well. I often write out my prayers instead of speaking them.

And tonight, as I write this, yet I should be in bed, but I just can't because I have this overwhelming need to write on this here blog every single solitary day, I feel at peace as the words flow out of my brain and onto the screen. I feel like I've accomplished one thing today that is 100% uniquely me. I enjoy it. Nay, I revel in it.

And that is my thought for the day....

Well, that and a short explanation of this photo. This is our evening game with the 11-15 yr olds (senior campers). They are getting ready to play my favorite game in all the world American Eagle 1-2-3. It was banned from camp for several years, but is back in action this summer.

I love that silly van with a platform on top. I spent MANY hours atop it. Tonight, in fact, I was reminiscing with my old programming partner about the good times we had.

You'll also notice the house that was destroyed in the great fire of '08 is being rebuilt in the background. As of today, it has a 2nd story and a roof all framed out.


And with that, I MUST go to bed! Au revior, all!

1 comment:

tp said...

i am thankful that blogging gives you some sense of accomplishment.. because your blogging feeds my addiction to reading when i should be sleeping!