January 07, 2011

good...better....best

I've seen 3 good movies lately. Shocking. That's almost as much as the entire summer. Anyway, here they are from lowest to highest.

3. Good: Tron I know the reviews have been "so-so" on this one. (sorry, Bro) I really enjoyed it. It's not the best movie ever. It isn't a shocking storyline. The effects are incredible though. I would watch it again, just to see the motorcycle pit of doom again. Wow.

I wasn't expecting much. I wasn't disappointed. I liked it. And it was fun on the big screen in a dark theater.



2. Better: Exit Through the Gift Shop. This one is out on video finally (on Netflix instant at the moment, too). It never came to theaters around me. I've been wanting to see it, badly. It didn't disappoint. Great documentary. Interesting subject. I already thought Banksy was cool. It was neat to see him create.




1. Best: The King's Speech. Fantastic-o. I wanted to see it because it's Colin Firth and Helena Bonham Carter, for goodness sake. Love. But the story really is as good as everyone is saying it is. And I totally agree that they all deserve nominations for awards. CF is really, really good. If you like movies with great stories, see it.



Now, I'm trying to be patient and wait for Somewhere to come to a theater near me. It's really hard to be patient. I just keep reminding myself that Sundance movies are only 2 weeks away. Movies galore....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Tangled? I liked that and could imagine the boat scene with all the floating lanterns being an attraction at WDW. -Mom

cottage girl said...

So true. I LOVED Tangled. These are just movies that I've seen in the last 2 1/2 weeks. It's been almost 2 months since we saw Tangled! Hard to believe!

ps...Tara is going to WDW this weekend, Momma. I bet you are as jealous as I am.